Mandatory Parent Meeting: Wed.Jan 29 at 6:00
This program is open to 7th and 8th graders.
The class will build on the basic skills from the semester elective and further develop acting skills. Although the semester-long elective is not a prerequisite, students without previous experience should have a strong commitment to the performing arts. The class requires the student to commit to a vigorous rehearsal schedule in the spring semester.
This class will produce and perform an annual production each spring. Traditionally the show is preceded by a full course dinner and 8th grade performers are the servers while in costume and in character. Past performances include Beauty and the Beast, Seussical, Aladdin, Shrek, Mary Poppins, and many more.
Students audition for roles in the production and participate in all phases of the show, including stage construction, lighting, costumes and makeup.
1. Live Audition
2. Performances in Class including:
Solo, Duet, Trio, Small Group, and Ensemble, Choreography, Acting
3. Projects including:
costumes, make-up, set design, backdrop design, choreography, acting
1. Attend ALL after school rehearsals.
– After school rehearsals begin in February.
– After school rehearsals end at 6:30pm.
– Show week after school rehearsals end at 8:30pm.
2. Purchase costume(s) including:
costume(s), ALL accessories, shoes, props
3. Purchase Stage make-up
4. Purchase Large Rubbermaid Container for costume, makeup, and prop storage backstage.
Show Dates: May 1 and 2, 2020